The library is always accepting applications. Download and print an application
Position Title: Custodian/Part Time
Location: Poplar Creek Public Library
1405 S. Park Ave.
Streamwood, IL 60107
Hours: 15 hours per week.
Shifts: Saturdays: 12-5:15 p.m.
Mondays: 5-9:45 p.m. / Thursdays: 5-9:45 p.m.
Pay: Starting salary $14.98 hourly
Overview: Under direction of Head of Maintenance Building and Grounds Manager or his assistant, assist with heating/cooling operation plant, and general Maintenance of Building and grounds and performs tasks as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to the following)
- Perform duties to keep building clean and orderly and grounds neat and attractive
- Assists Head of Maintenance in making building repairs
- Check daily schedule and set up meeting rooms in accordance with needs of various groups scheduled to use the meeting rooms
- Move equipment and materials under direction of Head of Maintenance; make deliveries to the branch and assist other departments with movement of furniture and equipment
- Other library related duties as assigned or required
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful experience in custodial and building maintenance and related areas
- Plumbing and Electrical experience a plus
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
- General Mechanical knowledge of heating, cooling systems
- Knowledge of Landscaping
- General knowledge of painting
- General knowledge of electric (energy; lighting; change lights and ballasts)
- Ability to lift, pull, push, and carry heavy objects
- Ability to operate a scissor-lift
- Ability to work without direct supervision, following established, written daily Maintenance Department schedule
- Ability to work independently, determining, and adjusting work priorities as needed, and completing Maintenance and custodial tasks in orderly and timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and/ or in writing, in person and on the phone, in English
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor weather condition
- Must be able to bend, stoop or climb to reach items
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds