The Documents Department of the Poplar Creek Public Library is a federal and State of Illinois depository. We have been designated a Federal Depository Library since 1980 in the Eighth Congressional District. The stacks in the Government Documents Department are open to the public, and users are welcome to browse and select materials. The Government Documents collection contains information published at government expense for public access as guaranteed by law, but remains the property of the U.S. Government. The collection also includes State of Illinois depository materials.
Government Documents Department
Poplar Creek Public Library
1405 S. Park Avenue
Streamwood, IL 60107
Telephone: (630) 837-6800 x4927
Fax: (630) 837-6823
Federal Student Aid Announcements
- The new 2016-2017 FAFSA is available!
- The 2016-2017 IRS Data Retrieval Tool will be available on Feb. 7, 2016.
- If you have questions about the FSA ID, you can find the answers to frequently asked questions at https://fafsa.ed.gov. If you need assistance logging in with your FSA ID, contact us at 1-800-557-7394.
- The Federal Student Aid PIN was replaced with the FSA ID on May 10, 2015. The new FSA ID consists of a user-created username and password to electronically access personal information on Federal Student Aid Web sites, including FAFSA on the Web. You can use your FSA ID immediately to sign your FAFSA, but must wait for the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify your information before you can use the FSA ID to create a renewal FAFSA, make corrections to your FAFSA, or view your SAR.
FAFSA, the Federal Student Aid Form, is free and is first come first serve. That means the earlier you apply, the better chance you have of receiving aid and scholarships for you or your child.
Register to Vote at Your Library
Residents in Cook, DuPage or Kane counties may register to vote at the Poplar Creek Public Library. Select staff members can register voters. Please contact the Poplar Creek Public Library at (630) 837-6800 to make sure that a registrar is on duty before you make a trip.
2016 General Primary
- Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, February 16, 2016
- Grace period registration: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- Registration will resume: Thursday, March 17, 2016
Voter Registration Requirements
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be at least 18 yrs. of age by election day; 17 yrs. of age to vote in a General Primary if individual will be 18 as of the following General Election;
- Must have been a resident of the precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
Please bring two forms of identification with at least one showing your current residence address.