Select staff members can register voters. Please contact the Poplar Creek Public Library at (630) 837-6800 to make sure that a registrar is on duty before you make a trip.
2016 General Primary
- Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, February 16, 2016
- Grace period registration: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- ELECTION DAY: Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- Registration will resume: Thursday, March 17, 2016
To be eligible to register to vote, a person must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 18 yrs. of age by election day; 17 yrs. of age to vote in a General Primary if individual will be 18 as of the following General Election;
- Reside in the precinct for 30 days prior to the next election.
Be sure to bring 2 acceptable forms of ID when you register to vote.
Acceptable Forms of ID
In accord with [10 ILCS 5/4-10. 5-9, 6-37] …The deputy registrar shall require the applicant to furnish two (2) forms of identification, and except in the case of a homeless individual, one of which must include his or her current residential address. These forms of identification shall include but are not limited to any of the following:
- Driver's License / State Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Public Aide Identification Card
- Current Utility Bill
- Employee Identification Card
- Student Identification Card
- Lease or contract for residence
- Credit Card
- Civic Membership Card
- Union Membership Card
- Professional Association Membership Card
If the applicant does not have the above forms of identification, we may accept their current and valid photo identification, a current bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter.
The registration officer must require a homeless individual to furnish evidence of his use of the mailing address stated. A mailing address of a homeless individual may include, but is not limited to, a shelter, a day shelter, or a private residence. This use may be demonstrated by a piece of mail addressed to that individual and received at that mailing address. [10ILCS 5/3-2, 4-10, 5-9, 6-35. 6-37]
NEW! Illinois Online Voter Application State Board of Election
Online voter registration was created by Public Act 98-115.
Click on the link to be redirected to the Illinois State Board of Elections website. Illinois Online Voter Application.